Life with Ella Ireland

Tu-tu's, hair bows, lot's of glitter, and plenty of shoes!

Friday, July 6, 2007

I got the call....

I called a few preschool centers about 3 weeks ago to get Ella registered for the fall. The ones I called were filled, and I put my name on a waiting list. I didn't call anymore and just left it at that. I figured if she doesn't get in, then that's fine by me. Who needs preschool when you can stay home and be bored with mommy all day? Who needs other kid germs when you have plenty of your own, thankyouverymuch? Who needs to learn how to share toys when you have a million of your own?

Well, this morning the phone rings. It was a preschool less then a mile away that had openings. For my child? My kid, who has only been watched by close family members?? My baby, who doesn't have to share her toys, or germs, with anyone else? My little girl, who doesn't have any kind of a schedule in her life at all?? Wow. Half of me (well, ok, MOST of me) is very excited. A few hrs of the day without her? What am I going to do with myself? How am I going to go to the bathroom, all by myself? Shop? Live? Breath? *insert excited snort*. Seriously tho, I am excited for her, but I know I will most likely shed a few tears that first day. I am a protective mom. I am nervous when I am not with her. I am the mom who gets upset when another kid is mean to my girl. I just can't imagine her being away from me. The only thing we can do is see how it is. I still have a few months to get used to this idea, allthough I think after being home with her for the next few months, I just might be more excited then I feel I should be (heh).

No comments: