Life with Ella Ireland

Tu-tu's, hair bows, lot's of glitter, and plenty of shoes!

Sunday, July 1, 2007

Ok, I took the plunge....

Now what do I do? I never thought I'd be the blogging type, but I need to do something to work on my insomnia. Like most things in life, I will either start to obsess over blogging, or my ADD kicks in and I give up. Only time will tell :).

Anyway, this past weekend was pretty good for the most part. Except the eleventybillion miles Johnny and I walked in Manhattan on Saturday. Oh, and the bum fight we saw there! Now that was exciting. NOT. It was actually rather disturbing. Nothing like seeing a crackwhore being plunged in the stomach with a cane by an old dude! And yes, we ran away fast! Thank God for a fast stroller, and a sleeping toddler, she didn't see a thing.

We started the morning taking the train to the World Trade Center, getting off there, and walking to Chinatown. We had lunch there, and took a subway to the Central Park area. We took a 2 hr. detour to FAO Schwartz, to fulfill a bribe made my me. I promised my scared-to-death-of-public-restrooms 3 year old a toy if she would just use the restroom in Banana Republic while we were on our way to Central Park. She took the bait, and I was happy to know that there wouldn't be any accidents in our near future. So, FAO Schwartz...... every rich kid's dream! After looking at everything from baby dolls to Barbie dolls, we hit the jackpot aisle: ballerina dress-up land! After debating on one absolutely gorgeous tu-tu and leotard for around $60, we found a set that came with a tu-tu, a wand, and wings, and it was purple and glittery to boot! It was love at first site for miss Ella, and at $36 plus tax, it was all hers.

So, off to Central Park. Strawberry Fields to be exact. I got some cute shots of Ella in full tu-tu couture, prancing around the John Lennon "Imagine" memorial. When I figure out how to post pics, I will. After an hour or so in the park, we headed to an eatery called Grey Papaya's. It was like a trillion blocks away. "Short blocks", as Johnny stated, to save himself from an ass kicking he was about to get. Short blocks they might be, but a trillion of them?? It was after eating we saw the bum fight. And ran. For our lives. Just kidding on the last part, I think. So we finally made it home in one piece. And allthough I absolutely LOVE living so close to NYC, it will be awhile before we go again. It's an exhausting place!

No comments: