Life with Ella Ireland

Tu-tu's, hair bows, lot's of glitter, and plenty of shoes!

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Every morning, when we wake....

Me: "Did you have sweet dreams?"

Ella: "YES!"

Me: "What did you dream about?"

Ella: "Butterflies. And horses, and rainbows, and frogs, and shopping, and airplanes, and mommy, and daddy, and babies....."

The list goes on and on. I love it- one of the best things about waking up. We have been lucky, Ella is always her happiest right when she wakes up (and I admit, I am always my grumpiest- but having her beautiful smile in my face helps).

In less then 2 weeks, I will be leaving for the weekend to go to my brother's wedding (THANKS Jeff and Rachael, I am soooo excited!). I am both excited, but a bit sad to leave Ella. The longest I have ever been away from her is overnight, when she spends the occasional night at my in-laws. I have EVERY faith in Johnny that he is going to take the best care of her, but it's also so hard. He doesn't know our routine. he doesn't know what outfits she can wear to the playground, and what she can't. He doesn't know how to do her hair cute, or even what brush to use. He doesn't know what ballerina outfit is her favorite. There is lot's to learn! Thank God for cell phones...... I can only imagine there will be ALOT of calling back and forth.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

There will be no phone calls back and forth. I know what I'm doing. just have fun at the wedding.

Miss Mia said...

Well honey, you *might* not be calling me very much, but you *know* I will be calling you alot. But I know you have cme to expect that. And remember: absolutely NO Janie & Jack is to be worn at the playground. Ever. :)

Love ya!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

You are too funny! Yes, you'll be worried. And yes, you'll be concerned. But he's a GREAT Dad. And, if her hair doesn't look like when Mommy fixes it, she'll live. And if anyone at the playground mentions it, you can say, in your most downtrodden sad voice, "Well, you know her Father fixed her hair while I was gone..." and the other Mothers will just smile sadly for you and totally understand and commeserate with you.
Love you all three. Have sweet dreams of butterflys, and frogs, and shopping and.....